Tuesday 9 September 2008

Fernando

Amid the others having a spanish conversation I spotted a word that I wanted to know. Fernando told me to go through his bag to find his spanihs - english dictionary. In his bag I came across a teach yourself german in 30 days book, japonese dictionery, french dictionery and italian dictionery, yes I just noticed I have just spelt dictionary wrong. He is almost fluent after teaching himself german for 25 days. Then I found the spanish-english dictionery, amazing. He gets his dictionaries out at any given moment and practices with any foreigners that he meets and is moving to Scotland next year for a Scottish accent. He is an inspiration in this sense.

Fernando was our tour guide again with another lovely small group. A young German girl was very sweet and fell asleep on my lap a couple of times during the journey, and when she woke up was encouraged to tell us German swear words. I was told one that I should never repeat. I repeated it once to three German girls that I met at a BBQ (as it was the only German word I knew and I wanted to impress them) luckily they laughed but again, I was told never to repeat it. It sounds like Mushi. I wont tell you what it means. Fernando recommended a restaurant to us and the two German guys, Patricia and me went to it. Amazingly, in my soup was a stretch of skin with a nipple of a pig looking straight up at me. Feeling a bit sick I couldn´t eat any more. With courage, I took a photo. The guys left for the bus station and Patricia and I went for a walk around the pretty plaza. We bumped into Fernando, he had gone to a Tango class but had no dance partner so he left. We took this opportunity to go back to his class. The teacher and 8 classmates all welcomed us with kisses and hugs. During this free lesson the teacher decided to film Fernando and me dancing for utube as we know the basic steps. God forbid if I ever see it. Fernando kept turning me to sit on his knee and before lifting me up kept trying to kiss me. Please Fernando, no! Later he walked me back to the hostel. He wanted an English girfriend so much that I agreed to be his girlfriend for five minutes until we reached the hostel, but that only included holding hands. He knew about Adrian so accepted sweetly. That was the shortest and most innocent affair in history I think. Exactly five minutes later we said goodbye. I may see him in Scotland next year. A five hour train ride seems like nothing now to visit somewhere for a day or two.

No comments: