Tuesday 9 September 2008

Jonny Be Good

Walking around Cordoba I came across various musicians playing and arty buildings and lovely old architecture. In one square there was a big stage erected for six sixty-somethings singing Jonny Be Good in spanish. A small crowd had gathered, it was pretty amusing, they seemed delighted after I took a photo of them. I went into a university because I needed a wee. Eventually finding the loo and being utterly relieved I looked up to discover a large hole in the ceiling overlooked by a few windows. I wonder who was going to the toilet when that big chunk fell down, and who was watching. Outside their were several adults wearing all illuminous green jumping up and down very close to eachother, probably standing on eachothers feet, saying ´we want more´ in spanish. Camera men were filming them. They looked pretty rediculous, I liked them for that. There was another Bella Artes gallery so I had to go, I had loved the previous two that I had seen. Once again it hit my expectations, brilliant. I secretly took photos of art that I likes and when I was caught pretended I didn´t understand what they were saying and took more photos. It pays to be foreign sometimes.

I took a spanish lesson with a 23 year old from Cordoba, she was fantastic so I took a second lesson with her. As lessons can simply be conversations about lives she ended up telling me her love story. Her name is light blue in English. She taught an Arabian English for a couple of weeks and they ended up going out and enjoyed eachother´s company to the extreme that he stayed at her apartment for a further month. Thinking that they had something very special, she hoped to see him again one day, but was disappointed that he never invited her to his country. Saddess in her eyes was honest and compassionate.

In a zoo there was a photo gallery of the staff holding or feeding the animals, for tourists to purchase. Interesting idea.

No comments: