Tuesday 17 June 2008

stags and monkeys - monday 16 June

On the plane I met a lovely venezuelian lady, a chatty Brazilian lady, a brazilian photographer and nine forty year old somethings from Notts going on a stag do in Rio. I was lucky the stag group chatted to me a lot, for when I went to look for my taxi transfer to my hostel, it wasn´t there. This football fanatic stag group took me on a journey in their large taxi to my hostel. Bless them. We exchanged numbers, I might be going out ¨on the lash¨ (their words) with them tonight...

The hostel is painted in lots of bright colours, the nine people I´m sharing a room with are french, African and English. No, not the stags! Nine is coincidental. As soon as I arrived a guy came up to me and said ¨hi, I´m david, nine of us are going handgliding tomorrow if you want to come¨ This is my sort of place. Shame I had jet lag as I slept in and missed them. I´ll go another day. Little monkeys climb around out the back - they refuse to eat everything except bananas.

...nah, I´m not going out with the stags tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you L. and know you arrived safe and well. I can tell already I'm going to get homesick by reading your journal; I hope you enjoy Brasil enough for two (i.e. me too)

Have you tried any brasilian food yet?

xo Ollie

Unknown said...

Hey lil sis,

Glad your alright and good choice not to join the stag's, stick with the monkeys at the hostel!

If i remember rightly there are a few shopping centre's between Copacobanna beach and Ipanema beach incase you feel the need to shop! Also you're near the Jesus statue which i think you may be able to walk up to the top.

Word of advise, don't walk along the beaches at night as "professional women" peruse the area looking for work, not a pretty sight...

keep up the blogs!

Nige, Ying & Liam
xx

Lisa in a dream said...

thanks bro. I´m moving to a hostel next to copacobana beach today, then tomorrow I´m off south.
i´ll try xxx

Lisa in a dream said...

not too much food yet oli, they keep trying to give me meat! chicken just isn´t meat over here xx