Saturday 16 August 2008

Change of scenery

There was no room at the hostel for this night so Vicky, Ellie and I carried our goods to it´s linked hostel a few roads away. Adrian welcomed us.

Even though we were staying at the new hostel we spent the day at our old one. We said goodbye to Chris from US, our fellow singer. With hangovers we watched Back to the future 1, 2 and 3 with other hostel stayers. Lots of Aussies were there together, we all pitched in for a BBQ. The night before I vowed that I wouldn´t revert to eating chicken because my friend has pet chickens. I ate a chicken wing for the first time in three years. It was ok.

Following all of this body abuse I was full of cold. Vicky and Ellie had an attempted mugging. The first time for them was in BA; Vicky´s purse was stolen on the Metro. This time they managed to pull their bags back screaming loud enough for the person to run away. They were both in a bit of shock when they caught their bus back to BA.

And then there was one.

Or two....?

3 comments:

Oliver said...

Don't give up your vegetarianism! Guess what, i've decided to give it a go; so I need you as moral support otherwise I'll easily revert to chicken nuggets and bacon sandwiches...

Lisa in a dream said...

When I return I think I´ll be a veggie again - use that as encouragement! Too much bread and cheese has got to be bad for the digestive system; after a while the site of it makes you feel like giving up food altogether... I also eat any other vegie options when they are available. Does that help? : )

Lisa in a dream said...

besides... chicken nuggets and bacon sandwiches would revert you? Urgh.