Saturday 16 August 2008

couch potato

Five days later and I´m still on the hostel couch but my cold and my coldsore are gone. Most of the time was spent with Adrian, who works in the hostel. We talked, played games, watched films and cooked eachother dinner. I decided to stick around and organise a spanish course for the next week. Next thing we know I´m living at Adrian´s house.... going parascending, drinking, on walks, have BBQ´s but generally just chatting away his working hours. There was nowhere I´d rather be because I was happy just being with him. Even the two hours I´d spend with my spanish teacher would be spent talking about Adrian. The more time we spent together the more we wanted the other to move to our part of the world. Both big tasks.

About Adrian: He is a romantic, thoughtful, interesting, friendly Argentinian with a good sense of humour who loves to learn about other cultures and likes to do nothing sometimes. Adrian speaks to me in Spanish alot and tells others to do the same just to make me learn, but he can speak English perfectly. He moved to Germany for six months to learn German, which he can speak very well. At uni he studies Hotel management and tourism so that one day he can run his own hotel. Activity wise, he took a bit of convincing to go parascending but loved it once he was up there. Reckon I can get him to do sports on a more dangerous level now.

After two and a half weeks with Adrian and his puppy, Anelka, lots of missing socks and bitten clothes later, it was time to leave. I was at the beginning of my travels, I just had to carry on. Spending time with him was incredible, I had to tear myself away. Both of us were on the down side of up when I departed on an over night bus to Bariloche. Yo quiero Adrian a movar al Inglaterra, el es mi amor. Pero esto es impossible ahora, quizas una dias : (

2 comments:

Oliver said...

I take back what I said about you and Angus. Now I want you and Adrian to get married (what is it with you and these boys whose names start with A?)

xoxo

Lisa in a dream said...

Angus is my friend silly!
x