Monday 11 August 2008

A day in Agentina

Iguazu falls lay between Argentina, Brazil and a bit of Paraguay has the river that leads up to the falls. Within two days we had been in all three countries. Our passport stamps look nice & dodgy.

In Argentina...

A small quiet boat trip leading up to the falls that deserves champagne was a great spot for seeing crocodiles and falcons up high. That didn´t cross our minds later.

With macs on and bikini´s under our clothes we walked for hours around the Iguazu falls, another of the seven natural-wonders of the world. It is an astonishingly, massive, beautiful waterfall. At one base of the falls everyone strips to bikini´s & macs and tucks their belongings inside a protective bag, gets on a boat and holds their bags tight underfoot. We took pictures up until we were too close for safety, then the dare devil drivers dip us in and out of the monster waterfall. Another thrill to add to Lisa´s list! Lovely innocents Vicky and Ellie surprised some of us by getting very excited and shouting for the drivers to take us under again, again and again! Patiently waiting to be helped over a mighty step, four slightly pale seventy-something old dears who took the front seats, stared bewildered at everyone clambering off the edge of the boat.

Continuing our walk I took more photos than everone else, lagging behind I followed the group over a long bridge that overlooks the waterfalls. The sound of the falls was so immense that I wanted to experiment. The girls were walking about 10 feet ahead of me and I´d wanted to sing at the top of my lungs for a few weeks but have had been surrounded by people since the beginning of my travels. I burst into song, Whitney Houston´s I will Survive, I think you know it. I got louder and louder. They didn´t hear me once. From then on I was quite enjoying being alone and singing even though the girls probably thought I was strange walking alone. Occassionally a stranger would walk towards me and see my mouth moving but was unable to hear me from their position. I´d stop until they walked past me and continue before they left earshot. I like that they may think I´m crazy but reckon they would try it a few moments later.

No comments: