Friday 15 August 2008

its still July in Guacho land

When Juan discovered badminton, he asked any Chinese tourists due to visit his ranch to bring him a badminton racket. He has a collection now. After our hard day on the field we decided to have a game in his garden, sore legs n all. His court was made of string laid on the grassy ground and two strong wooden posts holding a proper net (a gift from a chinese tourist). He said, thats your side. In the center of my serving square I discovered the biggest piece of horse shit I have ever seen. Juan wouldnt swap sides but did have the grace to come over and kick the shit over the whole court for me. Great! He said, you´re not afraid of a little shit are you? Me, no. I walked, ran and slid all over it, pretending to myself that my trainers don´t have holes in the sides. Juan walked all over me in the game but admitted he didnt expect to sweat. It was still a close game and he didnt have shit in the first round so I should have an extra point really.

I seriously considered leaving the tour and staying at the ranch for the remaining time of my trip. I was having so much fun and Susannahs cooking was the best I had tasted since leaving England. Life is so easy yet strenuous here. NO. I told myself to carry on and thought about how many times I would have to say goodbye to amazing people in the future, this made me sad. Then I thought of how many people I would say hello to, this made me happy.

Shortly after the visit Juan sent me an email. It was like the song from Trainspotting, Choose Life. A lot of advice in short sentences. It was beautiful bless him. He also said that our girls were the hardest working group so far. Get in!

No comments: