Friday 15 August 2008

Uruguay and toasties

If you have ever seen the Never Ending Story you will know how I feel in this internet cafe. One or two people have been in here today and no one else is here, except one worker mystiquely hidden away in the building. I should have a blanket over my head. There is a long story ahead and I dont know how it is going to end. I love that film, my mum had to hide the video from me because I watched it so many times she was sick of it.

Back to travels.... Montevideo city. Nothing in particular happened here. There was a gaucho museum, a walk with Carla, Eleanor and Sophia to find a good breakfast - incredibly difficult. I ate cheese and tomate, sorry tomato, toasties three times in one day because that was the only vegetarian option. Normally here I eat that toastie once or twice a day. What else? ...everyone went shopping for cheap warm jackets to ditch at some point. Clare and I almost bought identical jackets, we are becoming a literal pair. A walk around the docks passed lots of cool common grafitti which represents Che Gevara. We both wanted to go in completely the opposite directions to a 50s diner/cake restaurant that we passed earlier. Clare said, Im not going back in the other direction when we find you are wrong. Even so, Clare was grateful that we made it directly to the restaurant from my directions and we had a lovely time. I had a toastie and was too bloated to eat cake. Being a vegie sucks. Why do I have morals about this? Please remind me... If I had eaten less stodgy food maybe I could have eaten cake. I started to look for reasons to stop being vegie and struck up many conversations with everyone to find out why they weren´t veggie. Damn I ended up with stronger instincts than before. Anyway, you had to read that ramble because not much happened in Montevideo.

No comments: