Saturday 16 August 2008

Meet my double

Angus is me but a boy version, we met at college and have been friends since. He took another route in Argentina and came south to meet me in BA. For the first time us girlies had a boy to hang around with. List of things we did:

- Two of Catherina´s birthday parties, which we were invited to at 7.30 and left at 1am and the Argentinian´s night was just beginning.
- Lessons in tango, Milangue, Salsa and Rock n Roll. We tried the advance lesson in Tango, both Angus and me were given different partners and both of our partners tried and successfully, shamefully found escape routes away from us.
- Ate delicious food at a Harry Krishna restaurant and some (too nice for me looking) places.
- Angus taught me to roller skate backwards ending on a spin.
- Saw many different types of poo on the floor, green, brown, splodgey, black, hard, old, new. It is EVERYWHERE.
- Found great galleries, Bella de Artes was one of them. In it was highly inspirational art and the worst art ever. There was fun art too. Someone had put lots of fake red poo on the floor. Angus looked at me and said, if you smell it I´ll smell it, so we smelt it together: unexpectedly cinnamon.
- Watched Angus have a bongo drum lesson and left him a bit early to look around the shops. I pointed at leggins in the shop window, immediately the assistants took the manican out of the display and gave me the leggins it had been wearing. I bought them for the memory.
- After five days of asking around we came across a small hairdressers that also offers massages. Once I ignored the hairdriers and chitchat noises through the cardboard wall I fell completely asleep.
- Walked around rich area Palermo, tangoed with colourful La Boca and poor yet antiqued San Telmo. Once we had a disagreement directional problemo, Angus thought he was right... guess who is the queen of map reading? Lisa!
- Read a note, Liah disappeared one day and left us a note to say goodbye, I´ve caught a plane to the sun-kissed beaches. Chao bebe.
- Emma at work, emailed a friend in argentina, who gave me another friend´s email address, who introduced me to someone else via email. Angus and I went to the third friend´s house and tried Mate, the South American drink. It´s horrible but socialable so I drink it because I like the idea of sharing a drink.

1 comment:

Oliver said...

I think you and Angus should get married.