Monday 11 August 2008

On the Brazilian side...

We had a pleasant morning, both sides of the falls had cloud in the sky that merged with the spray of the falls making it look even larger - I took millions of photographs. We could walk right up to the falls on a platform that people built without dying.

Just outside of the falls there was a coffee shop. It was cold so I bought a Cordado, my favorite coffee, and transfixed by the view almost dropped the cup off the saucer when I didn´t see a drop step. Someone´s way of kicking me back to reality. After this unexpected excitement I felt the need for an adrenaline sport so when a helicopter ride over the falls was suggested I jumped at the chance. If you ever get the chance to do this , do it. The clouds cleared, our shots of the mouth of the dragon are beautiful. The story of the mouth is; a couple had a tiff, the man god was angry at a women god for loving his brother god so he hit the earth with his gigantic fist and made this great hole where the water continually runs through. Gotta be true right? All I want to know is where the water comes from. Guess all I have to do is look at a map.

No comments: